Monday, October 5, 2009

Best Bet

My friend Martin and I went out last Friday to do our weekly nocturne. We ended up at Treasure Island Marina on Panama City Beach. I set up under a street light, which I soon regretted because of the flow of tourists. Martin was smart and hid at the end of a dock. I could hear him chuckle every time I became the center attraction. One guy insisted I look at 50 pictures he had on his phone of wood burning art. Next week I will hide.! I am still having trouble taking pictures of artwork and getting colors right. The orange in the hull is barely visible on the painting. In the photo it is way too chromatic.

4 comments:

Sally McLean said...

I love this painting. The colours are wonderful even though you say the photograph is not accurate!

Diana Marshall said...

Cool painting,never thought of painting plein aire at night.

James Whitehurst said...

Thanks sally. One day I will get the photography part figured out,,I hope!!

James Whitehurst said...

Hey Diana, Give it a go its allot of fun .....sometimes..lol